Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Packing & Relief

I am very pleased to say that I have packed relatively everything into my backpack! The thought of packing has been a stress on my mind and I am very glad to have it completed.

I thought I was over packing way to much and it was stressing me out to no end. I thought that with the amount that I wanted to take there was not going to be any way I was going to be be able to get it into my pack; and even if I did I was going to be breaking my back trying to lug the thing around. I thought that my pack was going to be coming in somewhere around 50 lbs. I am pleased that now that I have pretty much everything packed I am only hitting 35 lbs. This is a great relief.

I will be adding a few more pounds, though, because I have not received my water bottle. It is on order and has not arrived yet. My filled water bottle should probably add on another 3 pounds or so. I also do not have any food in the pack currently, but who needs food.

I am also very relieved with regards to what is in my pack. It seemed like every day there was something new that would come to my mind that I wanted to take. I think today is the first day in a very long time that I have not thought of something else that I needed to remember to take.

I feel very comfortable with what I am bringing currently. As long as I do not hit any snow, I should be okay. If I do hit snow I just better be close to a place where I can buy a very heavy coat otherwise I might be raiding houses for warmth.

Things finally feel like they are coming together. The next big task is San Diego and actually finding a boat that will let me crew with them. Actually, no, I take that back. The next big thing I have left is to read the last Harry Potter book, but that is no chore.

1 comment:

Susan Kimes Burgess said...

Glad you feel some relief from worry and concern. I know this is a big step and is causing you some pangs of trepidation but how exciting for you too. Know that the beginning of this journey may cause you to doubt yourself and your sanity. (Going away to college did that to me.) But after about 2 weeks of thinking I had made the biggest mistake of my life things began looking up and I found myself. Love, Mom