Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Confirmed Sailboat

I have officially found a boat and a skipper that is willing to take me on their ship down to Cabo San Lucas. I will be traveling, as of right now, with three other people on a somewhat old school sailboat with no "head", as they like to call it.

Instead of leaving straight from the port in San Diego and traveling down with the rest of the fleet, we are going to be driving into Mexico to San Quintin where this sailboat is currently docked. Apparently it is about a five hour drive from San Diego to where the boat currently is.

I have never been in Mexico before, and I do not much like the idea of driving through Mexico after some of the stories I have heard. The skipper of the boat is fluent in Spanish though. Hopefully if we run into any trouble he will be able to talk our way out of it.

I am excited that I have found a boat and this will give me time to see friends and family while I am in San Diego in the days prior to leaving for Mexico on the 29th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude. Interesting coincidence... Danielle and I will be on a cruise ship in November and on Thursday 11/15, we'll be in Cabo San Lucas from 7am to 2pm. I'm not sure how long you'll be there, but it would be cool if we ran into each other.