Sunday, October 28, 2007

10 Days Gone

I have met up with the skipper of the boat that I am going to be on and I am going to be staying with him tonight at his apartment.

We will be leaving early tomorrow morning (Monday 10/29/07) for San Quintin in Mexico where the boat is currently ported. There will be a total of four of us on the boat which is 28' long. Basically it means tight quarters. As I type, the skipper, Walter, is making phone calls trying to get the motor on the boat fixed. Even if the motor is not working we are still going to be sailing. Should be an interesting experience. According to what Walter is saying, we will be on the boat for a total of 10 days, in which case I will probably not be able to update my blog for a while. At least 10 days, possibly more. I am not sure if I am going to have access to a computer and internet once I get down into Cabo San Lucas.

My main goal once in Cabo is going to be finding a boat that I can crew on that is headed to Puerto Vallarta. PV is where a lot of boats that want to sail into the South Pacific congregate before heading out to sea.

I am having reservations about being disconnected from everything for an extended period of time. I have never been in a situation where I could not pick up the phone to talk to those that I miss. I guess it goes back to that old saying; you never know what you have until it is gone (or something like that).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy and safe sailing!!!

Unknown said...

Happy and safe sailing!!!