Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Insurance Trouble

Now that I know the date I will be leaving the country I can make an insurance policy; I tried to make one with the company that I mentioned before in one of my previous blog posts, but ran into some disturbing difficulties.

After creating a user account with the website they ask for personal information of the policy holder. That is all fine and good and to be expected, however, what I did not expect was that I was going to be sending all this personal information like my full name, date of birth and address over unencrypted internet channels. For an insurance company that resides all online and states that one of their main goals is the security and privacy of users personal information, it is quite unnerving to see that I will be sending vast amounts of personal data for anyone and everyone with the knowhow to read, use and/or sell.

It is coming close to trip time and I need travel insurance. I just hope I do not have to find another company because this one is negligent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Congrats! This is exciting!!! I drove down through Baja to Ensenada on a road trip with a friend in College. It was great. Just don't flash any truck drivers or all their friends will want the same treatment!!! :)
Hugs
tomi