Friday, November 16, 2007

Puerto Vallarta

I have been staying at the Oasis Hostel in Puerto Vallarta for the past two nights. I was hoping that when I arrived here in Puerto Vallarta I would have numerous emails from most of the different volunteer organizations that I sent emails to, unfortunately that was not the case.

So far I have received three reply emails. The first of which was written all in Spanish and as far as I could tell basically said that they would welcome my volunteer assistance come January. That is great, except I am trying to find something between now and when I leave to come back home for the holidays. The second email I got was from an organization quite a long ways south of here. It seems that transportation down there would be a large problem, especially if I were to take a bus which might take me to Mexico City. From what I have heard, just assume that if you are in Mexico City that you will be held up at gun point and robbed. I do not really like the sound of that so I am thankful that I got an email yesterday from this organization: Refugio Infantil Santa Esperanza.

Tomorrow I will be heading up the street where their orphanage is located to see about volunteering there. Hopefully all will go well and I can stay here in the hostel I am currently staying at while helping out with the children at their facility which is a 5 minute walk from here.

In other news, my body is reacting negatively to something I ate and I am soiling what were some clean garments of clothing earlier this morning. I will be taking the rest of this day to relax here at the hostel reading, sleeping, writing and watching movies. I hope to not spend to much time in the bathroom. Tomorrow will probably be my first day volunteering and it would be unfortunate if I spent it all indisposed with other problems. With hope, this will not be the case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! Miss you.

_Ash

Unknown said...

No Shit, the adventure continues.
Love,
Dad