Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Making Head Way

I am very excited because today is the first morning I have woken up here and have actually felt pretty normal. I am hoping this means I have reached the peak of whatever sickness it is that I have and I can concentrate my efforts on more important things.

Yesterday morning was probably the worst I have had here in Puerto Vallarta so far. I was feeling absolutely terrible and worn down. I did not feel like doing anything what-so-ever. After wracking my brain trying to figure out what I should do, it occurred to me that I could just travel home now for the holidays. This thought had an immediate effect on my body. I suddenly felt better, more alert and happier. It was then that I realized that a lot of this could all just be in my head. Sure, I was feeling pretty bad and I knew that my body was quite unhappy with whatever sickness was going on, but if it was all just my body why would a single thought make my body feel better? I made a decision right then that I was not going to let this sickness rule my time here.

With what little energy I had, I went to the store and bought some imodium AD to hopefully curb my bodies reaction to whatever it is that I have. I decided that from now on any water that I consume is going to be boiled even if it is bottled. The thought of food was utterly disgusting, but I knew that I needed some sort of sustenance if I was going to go up and volunteer. I made some rice for myself and evidently put waaaaay to much salt on it. I did not think I put that much in the water, but alas, I am no experienced cook. I ate as much rice as I could muster and then took one of the imodium ADs. Not much longer after that, I threw it all up. Oddly enough, I felt quite better after this then I did earlier in the morning and I then went and volunteered up at the childrens shelter. When I was finished it was about dinner time and I came back and made some fried rice with egg in it. By that time I was really hungry and ready for some food and some clean water. I ate a lot and drank a lot.

I hope this marks a turning point for me here in Puerto Vallarta. These last few days have not been very fun, but I hope that yesterday turned the new leaf and I can now give my time to more worthy causes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neato! Go you.
Ash