Sunday, March 9, 2008

Smooth



For the first time in a long time I have shaved my beard off. My face feels like it is wet most of the time because it is not used to the cold air. This look will not last long as I certainly plan on letting my beard grow back in, but I will have to shave from time to time because it is the only means I have in order to keep my beard at a manageable length. I remember now why I like my beard so much: It keeps my face warm; it makes me look older (or does having no hair make me look younger?); and I do not have to shave.

Jerry and Charlotte return from their trip tomorrow. Jerry should show up here fairly early tomorrow morning. I am quite looking forward to seeing Jerry again as I am sure Miriah is as well. Jerry took tomorrow and Tuesday off from work so I should have plenty of company for the next couple of days. I am hoping to be able to share some of the mental hardships that I have been experiencing with Jerry and hopefully he will have some clever insight to offer, as he normally does.

I have spent the last two days either researching places in England that I want to visit or I have been cleaning up the house in anticipation for Jerry's return home. Having finished the jobs that I was tasked to do outdoors last Friday, I was quite afraid that not having much of anything to do over this weekend would bring trouble for my thoughts. I found that having something to keep my mind occupied did help me when it came to controlling the overwhelming emotions I have been experiencing as of late. The weekend seemed to pass by with less trouble then I anticipated. Certainly cleaning house today helped things quite a bit. I felt rather like what my dad must feel like on a regular basis: Constantly cleaning things that you know are bound to very quickly become dirty again and yet we clean them anyway. After having cleaned the kitchen quite thoroughly, I did not really want to eat anything because I knew I would dirty up something that I had just finished cleaning. Alas, my hunger got the best of me although I did not heat up my dinner, but only ate it cold so I would not soil any pots. Cleaning is a never ending cycle...much like what I have been experiencing in my thoughts this last week.

In 2 weeks time I will be traveling back to London where I have signed up to take a couple acting lessons. Acting has always been something that I have had a slight interest in, but have never fully explored. I did take an acting class in Jr. High, but I was so shy that I had difficulty expressing myself, let alone another character. I am looking forward to being able to act.

No comments: