Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thanks to Google

We live in a wonderful time of information exchange; a time when information travels at the speed of light rather than the speed of foot or ship. I can do things with technology that makes my life so much easier, and in my opinion, more fun. I love technology.

At the forefront of the next wave of technological innovation is Google. I must give thanks to the people at Google for allowing me to be able to do the things that I want while I am away on my travels. If it were not for Google I would not be able to make this blog like I want it to be or stay in contact with so many people so easily.

I conceived of being able to show all of you as much about my traveling as possible long before I ever made this blog. I also wanted a way to keep records of my travels in a place of permanence. I will be able to revisit all these blogs now and forever.

There were very particular things that I wanted to be able to convey while I was determining which blog service would be the best, like: my pictures, a map of the travels, a calendar showing where I have been and what was coming up. I looked at all the blog services out there and Google's seemed to be the best choice. It just so happened that I could make my own map with Google; I could make my own calendar with Google; I already had pictures online with Google. They had everything that I wanted and they made it seamless and simple to be able to roll them into one package that works almost all the time. I could not be happier with Google's services. They never cease to amaze me with their products and somehow most of those products are always free. I have been on Gmail now for a while and I cannot imagine going back to the crap email services that I used prior. I love everything these people have done for me.

I felt I needed to share that with all of you and hopefully someone from Google will read this and feel like they are making a difference out there with all their painstaking hours, because truly, they are. All of their effort makes keeping in contact with all of you extremely easy and fun.

Thank you Google, and thank you to all of those people at Google who have made my life more easy and fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no cynism whatever