Saturday, September 29, 2007

Travel Insurance

Yesterday, I found a travel insurance company, worldnomads, that has me quite excited.

I have been anxiety filled for some time about the prospect of finding insurance for my trip. I do not have a high opinion of insurance providers based on the recent experience I had when my car was stolen...but that is another story all together. What a wonderful scam the insurance carriers have going. I too would love to own a business that the law forces everyone to use and I get to determine when I pay my customers. Anyway...

Worldnomads seems to good to be true. It might actually be, I am still looking into it. Their website is extremely clean and straightforward, which I love. This morning I read through their policy and could not find anything to suggest they were trying to pull the wool over my eyes. They offer seemingly great coverage for a fraction of the cost. I can extend my coverage at anytime while I am traveling and I can make claims online in the event of an accident. They are an all online company, which is the only way I can figure they get away with being so cheap.

I like to think that we are in the communication age. Never before have the people of the planet been able to share information and news at such a fast speed. At the forefront of this age are computers and the internet. It is, therefore, great, for me, to see businesses and companies decide to build their business models upon this fairly new concept. For me, these are the people that get it.

I just hope this is for real and there is not some catch somewhere along the line. For the time being, however, I feel a great weight lifted off my mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AAA is one of the best auto insurance companies. All insurance companies have a deductible amount. Welcome to the real world.